EFILive recommends that customers insure their EFILive hardware like other business tools and equipment. Customers should make regular backups of their License Backup File so that they have a copy available if their tuning equipment gets stolen, lost or damaged.
In the event that your device is lost or stolen, EFILive can prevent future purchases on that device. To report a device lost or stolen, Create a Ticket and provide the following information:
- Device serial number.
- Proof of purchase. Options may include:
- An EFILive order number.
- A copy of a recent license purchase for that unit.
- A copy of a purchase invoice, if the device was purchased through the EFILive network.
If you need to replace your device;
- AutoCal customers should contact their Tuner. Your tuner should be able to arrange a quotation for insurance purposes.
- FlashScan customers can purchase a FlashScan V3 with VIN license transfer, provided a license backup file exists. https://www.efilive.com/flashscan-v3-with-matching-license.html. Please select the required tuning options for this new device. EFILive can arrange a quotation for insurance purposes.