For FlashScan/AutoCal V3, controllers are licensed during the flash process where BBF (Black Box Flashing) is used. Follow these steps to license and flash the selected controller.
- Configure FlashScan/AutoCal V3 for BBX features if not already setup.
- Copy selected tune file(s) from your PC to FlashScan/AutoCal V3 if not already copied via Quick Setup during step 1.
- Connect your FlashScan/AutoCal V3 device to your vehicle.
- Turn the vehicle ignition to the On position (not the Accessory position. Vehicle must not be cranked/running when flashing).
- Navigate to the Tune Tool menu and select either F2 Program Calibration or F3 Program Full menu option.
- Navigate to the folder your tune file is located in and select ✔ to commence the flash.
- If the controller has not been licensed by the device previously, you will be presented with an Unlicensed Controller message. Select ✔ to proceed with licensing the controller, or X to exit.
- Select ✔ to confirm licensing the controller and commence the flash, or X to exit.
- When the flash process is complete, select X to close the flash completed message.
- The Reset Controller notification will be shown, and the controller reset process will begin.
- Turn the vehicle ignition Off.
- Click on the Start button to begin the countdown timer.
- DO NOT turn the vehicle ignition on until the countdown timer expires. This time is critical to allow the ECM to perform internal functions after a read operation.
User Defined Menu:
Follow the instructions provided by your Tuner to license and flash your controller, alternatively install the Standard menu to use the instructions above. To install the standard menu;
- Connect FlashScan/AutoCal V3 to PC.
- Launch the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
- Navigate to [F6: Devices] -> [F5: Options].
- Select [Disable Custom Menu] to revert to the Standard Menu.
- To restore the custom menu select [Enable Custom Menu].