Should users encounter problems with the EFILive software, FlashScan or AutoCal hardware they should:
- Confirm software, firmware and boot block versions are up to date. https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive
- Only CMB and CMC stock files can be read from the ECM. Refer to Controller Read Restrictions.
- CSP5 tune files cannot be read from the ECM. Refer to Controller Read Restrictions.
- Check controller selection.
- Remove/isolate all after-market devices including mobile phone adapters, after-market equipment (audio systems, security, remote start etc.) and any devices wired into the OBD port that may interfere with vehicle communications.
- DO NOT operate any vehicle feature that may communicate on the data bus. This includes opening or closing of hood, doors, windows, as well as changing settings on radio, HVAC, connecting/removing charging devices etc.
If an error occurs while using EFILive hardware and/or software, users can look up the error code description in the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
The [F8: Tools] -> [F8: Error Codes] menu item provides an error code lookup function, and the “EFILive Error Codes.pdf” document accessed by selecting the Windows Start Icon and navigating to Program Files->EFILive->V8->Documents->EFILive Error Codes.pdf is also available. Both options provide error code descriptions, causes and actions.
Should the issue not be resolved after reviewing the Error code list, end users should contact their Tuner for support.
Check Controller Selection
Only CMB and CMC controllers can be read. When performing a read operation it is necessary to ensure that the correct Controller has been selected. If the controller selection is incorrect this will result in a failed attempt or in some instances a report that the may be locked (due to the bootloader not being executed).
Follow these steps to ensure the controller selection is correct.
- Connect your FlashScan or AutoCal device to your PC and vehicle.
- Open the EFILive V8 Scan & Tune application.
- Click on the [F3: Tune] menu and select the [F2: Read] menu option.
- In the Controllers: field select Auto Detect. A picture of the currently selected controller is shown to assist in identification.
- Click the Read button to initiate the read operation.
A previous tuner may have prevented access to the controller by applying the [Block ECM Calibration Reading] parameter to a CMB and CMC tune file prior to flashing the controller. In these instances the controller cannot be read, but you may flash the controller.
Test for Rogue Modules
For Customers with FlashScan/AutoCal V3 a range of test modes to check the network for rogue modules that may cause read or flash operations to abort are available.
Navigate to the Tune Tool -> F1: Tuning -> F4: Test OBD Network menu.
Select the Test CAN J1979 option for CAN based controllers.
If all of the above have been attempted and issues still persist; please create a Support Ticket and include as much information as possible. Be sure to locate and attach your Trace Files.