Save Tune File Formats
EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software saves tune files in one of two file formats:
- ctz (calibration tune zipped) files contain both operating system and calibration data, which means they can be used for both cal-flash and full-flash operations.
- coz (calibration only zipped) files contain calibration data only (no operating system data), which means they can only be used for cal-flash operations, full flash is not possible with *.coz files.
On average, a *.coz file is about 80% smaller than a .ctz file, which certainly provides an efficient use of internal data storage, and eliminates large cumbersome files from being emailed between tuners and customers. The end result is these changes give customers the option to store additional tunes, or extend their data logging capacities.
Open Tune File Formats
The EFILive software can open tunes in the following formats, however tunes can only be saved in the formats listed in the previous section. To open a tune file, tune file security requirements must be met.
- ctz files; provided version compatibility requirements are met.
- tun files; this EFILive format was retired from use in 2014.
- ctd files; this EFILive format was retired from use in 2014.
- bin files; raw binary files. The [F3: Tune] -> [F4: Properties] menu of the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software will not display until the *.bin file is saved into EFILive *.ctz format, closed and reopened.
File Update and Conversion Tools
Update *.ctz and *.coz to the latest version
Use the [F8: Tools] -> [F6: Bulk Files] -> [Update Tune Files] option to convert all selected tune files to the latest version.
Convert Tune Files
Use the [F8: Tools] -> [F6: Bulk Files] -> [Convert Tune Files] option to generate *.coz copies of selected files. The *.ctz file remains intact using this process.
Collate Tune Files
Use the [F8: Tools] -> [F6: Bulk Files] -> [Collate Tune Files] option to copy & rename files or move files based on a range of file tags.
Cummins HD File Conversion
To assist tuners who have existing Cummins HD tune file libraries in *.xcal or *.0? file formats EFILive has developed a conversion tool called “EFILive XCal.exe” to convert these tune files for use in EFILive software. Please refer to the Cummins HD File Conversion Guide.pdf for further information.
LML Import JTAG Bin Files
The [F8: Tools] -> [F3: Import] menu of the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software allows the importation of JTAG Bin files where users have files in *mpc, *.fls and *epr formats.