There are a number of reasons why the Tuning Tool may not be configured to display or edit the controller's calibrations.
- Confirm software, firmware and boot block versions are up to date. https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive and then attempt to [Open] the tune file again.
- Check tune file security.
- Check to see if mapping support is available for your controller. Refer Controller Mapping not Available.
- Non-EFILive Custom Operating Systems tune files cannot be edited using EFILive software. Please obtain a stock file for editing purposes. Refer to Unsupported GM Gas Operating systems.
- *.coz files do not contain any operating system data and cannot be identified, opened, viewed or edited using the EFILive software. To make changes to any *.coz file you must edit the original *.ctz from which the *.coz file was created.
- Encrypted tune files, once saved cannot be re-opened in V7 or V8 software and can only be black box flashed (BBF). Customers will need to edit a different tune file.
- Auto-Lock - Where Auto-Lock via the EFILocker COS Patch has been applied to a tune file, this security parameter cannot be removed. Customers will need to edit a different tune file.
- EFILive has not yet seen the operating system to provide mapping support - please email your tune file to email@example.com
$0525 "Tune file is not compatible with firmware" or "Tune file is not compatible with current software version".
From time to time EFILive updates tune file formats. When this occurs tune files created in new versions of software are not compatible with old versions of software. Existing *.ctz and *.coz files saved using previous versions of the EFILive software can be opened in later versions of the EFILive software.
Tune File Security
Where tune file security has been previously applied to a tune file, that security needs to be removed before the file can be edited. If you do not have that FlashScan device, you cannot remove security or edit the tune file.
- Connect the FlashScan that applied the tune file security to your PC.
- Open EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
- Open the tune file.
- Where the Security Restrictions warning displays, accept the warning and continue to open the tune file.
- Navigate to the [F4: Properties] tab. If you did not identify the FlashScan that applied the tune file restriction for Step 1, the Master FlashScan License will now provide that information.
- Select [Clear All Security Restrictions]. NOTE: Clear all security settings will not remove Auto-Lock restriction where Auto-Lock was set via the EFILocker COS Patch, or reset the AutoCal Remote License.
- The tune file can now be edited in the [F5: Edit] Tune Tool menu (if already migrated from V7.5 Tune Tool software).
- The tune file can be saved without security to open and modify in V7.5 Tune Tool. Where Auto-Lock via the EFILocker COS Patch has been applied to a tune file in the V7.5 Tune Tool, this security parameter cannot be removed. Customers will need to edit a different tune file.