AutoCal Link Requirements
For an AutoCal device to be functional, it must be linked to a Tuners FlashScan device. An unlinked AutoCal cannot be used to read or flash controllers. Tuners can manage linking before shipping the AutoCal or by generating a Remote-Link Code that can be emailed to their customer. Refer to the FlashScan Link to AutoCal help file for more information.
AutoCal Unlink Requirements
Tuners can manage unlinking of an AutoCal by physically unlinking AutoCal or by generating a Remote-Unlink Code that can be emailed to their customer. Refer to the FlashScan Link to AutoCal help file for more information.
Unlinking an AutoCal is at the sole discretion of the tuner. End users should make appropriate inquiries on the tuner's unlinking policy prior to purchase. Many tuners charge a fee to unlink an AutoCal.
Tuner cannot be contacted or cannot be identified.
- Where a Tuner is not contactable or no longer in business, and the AutoCal End User contacts EFILive, EFILive will attempt to contact the Tuner.
- Where a linked AutoCal is purchased second hand, the tuner's details may be unknown. Should the AutoCal End User contact EFILive, EFILive will provide Tuner details where the Tuner has given EFILive express permission to pass on these details.
For EFILive assistance, Submit a Ticket. Please provide your AutoCal Serial Number and AutoCal License Number (information on how to find this is detailed below) and any relevant information regarding your tuner and situation.
AutoCal Functionality when Unlinked
- Once an AutoCal has been unlinked, it must be linked to another FlashScan prior to flashing tune files.
- Once AutoCal is unlinked, all tune files that were created by the original tuner with the original FlashScan can no longer be flashed by the AutoCal device.
- Tuners should implement a process to ensure the end user’s stock file is converted from the original FlashScan to the new FlashScan. Failing to do so will prevent end users from flashing their stock tune.
Once an AutoCal has licensed a controller, that controller will remain licensed to that AutoCal. Unlinking and relinking an AutoCal device does not require additional licensing provided the controller originally tuned remains the same. Additional AutoCal VIN licenses are required to tune additional controllers.
Link Status & Serial Number
- Connect your AutoCal device to your PC.
- Start the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune application.
- Click the F7: Licenses button in the left-hand pane.
- The serial number will be shown in the Serial Number field.
- The license number will be shown in the License Number field.