NOTE: Not all Supported controllers can be read. Some vehicle manufacturers have disabled the ability to read the contents of a controller from the factory. In these cases, EFILive customers will need to obtain base files from an alternative source. Some EFILive Custom Operating Systems are written to non-readable memory. These files cannot be read from controller. Refer to the Problems Reading a Controller article for further information.
Follow these steps to read the selected controller.
- Configure FlashScan V2 for BBX features if not already setup.
- Connect your FlashScan V2 device to your vehicle.
- Turn the vehicle ignition to the On or Accessory position (vehicle must not be cranked/running when reading).
- Navigate to the F2 Tune Tool -> F1 Tuning -> F1 Read Tune menu option.
- Select correct controller type from BBX configured controllers.
- Click the OK button to initiate the read operation.
- While the ECM is reading a Progress bar will display for the user to visually track the read.
- When the read process is complete the saved file will display. Select OK to close this message.
- The Reset Controller notification will be shown, and the controller reset process will begin.
- Turn the vehicle ignition Off.
- Click on the Start button to begin the countdown timer.
- DO NOT turn the vehicle ignition on until the countdown timer expires. This time is critical to allow the ECM to perform internal functions after a read operation.