FlashScan/AutoCal V3 devices appear as a Windows USB drive in Windows Explorer. There are no external drivers to install. There are a number of potential reasons why FlashScan/AutoCal V3 will not connect via USB.
- Ensure you are using the heavy gauge EFILive USB cable that shipping with your device.
- Ensure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of EFILive's V8 software, available here.
- Rapid connection/disconnection of FlashScan/AutoCal V3's USB cable may cause FlashScan/AutoCal V3 to fail to power up via USB connection. If the device does not power up with 10 seconds of a USB connection, you can reset FlashScan/AutoCal V3 by powering up via the OBDII connection.
- With FlashScan/AutoCal V3 connected to your PC, open V8 Scan and Tune software and select the [Check Firmware] option. Install any pending updates.
- On FlashScan/AutoCal V3 navigate to Options -> F1: Setup -> F3: Update Boot Block and install any pending boot block updates.
- For some computers running Windows 7 it may be necessary to install WINUSB drivers. Please refer to the WINUSB Drivers for FlashScan/AutoCal V3 on Windows 7 knowledgebase article.