- Trace files are automatically saved where an error message is presented using the device in BBX mode.
- Users can manually save trace files where options do not perform the desired outcome.
- For FlashScan/AutoCal V3 pass-thru read and flash issues, users should save both V8 Trace Files and manually save the FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Trace File.
To manually generate a trace file on FlashScan/AutoCal V3 navigate to Scan Tool -> F3: Scan Options -> F1: Save Trace.
Trace files are located in the EFILive -> Trace folder on FlashScan/AutoCal V3. Trace files are named using the following naming convention:
- yyyymmdd: is the year, month and day that the trace was recorded.
- hhnnss: is the hour, minute and second that the trace was recorded.
- <desc>: is the description where;
- “User” means user generated trace files
- “xxx._x_$xxxx” identifies the 3 character controller ID, the communication process upload/download, and the 4 digit error code.
- xalm: is the file extension.
The trace file can be retrieved by connecting FlashScan/AutoCal V3 to your PC and navigating to Options-> F2: File System -> F3: USB Thumb Drive on the device to open FlashScan/AutoCal V3 in Windows Explorer.
User Defined Menu:
Follow the instructions provided by your Tuner to save a trace file, alternatively install the Standard menu to use the instructions above. To install the standard menu;
- Connect FlashScan/AutoCal V3 to PC.
- Launch the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
- Navigate to [F6: Devices] -> [F5: Options].
- Select [Disable Custom Menu] to revert to the Standard Menu.
- To restore the custom menu select [Enable Custom Menu].